OHIO TOWNSHIP — Golf Diamond Run Club members voted this week for $10.6 million buyout from one of the largest links operators in the country.
After months of speculation, Dallas’ Club Corp. of America’s offer was accepted by Diamond Run’s members with a 177-20 vote (Business Times, September 25).
- This decision was made following the recommendation of Diamond Run Associates, a limited partner.
- The club’s bylaws, which were established in 1994, required that all deals be approved by members.
“CCA lends stability and benefits that club currently isn’t able to provide,” said Dion McMullen (president of Anchor Land Inc., Datrek Bag officer of Diamond Run Club).
CCA Dallas’ senior vice president for new business development, Tom Bennison, stated that he expects the deal to close before the end of December.
Club members are all of the current owners. Diamond Run Club Associates also includes Hartley King, Northeast Restaurant Associates Inc. president, and Anchor Land’s other equal partners, CPA Tom Kniss (civil engineer Gary Sheffler).
Golf Diamond Run Club, Sewickley, PA
Golf Diamond Run Club is the ideal place for junior golfers, offering an 18-hole golf course and ample practice facilities.
Gary Player, a PGA legend, said that Diamond Run Club offers outstanding golf due to its stunning views, rolling fairways, and ability to challenge both new and seasoned players. Five sets of tees, many of which are elevated off the fairway, make the course appealing to all levels of golfers.
Highlights from Camp
- These action-packed camps feature hands-on instruction by certified PGA Professionals.
- The Signature PGA Camp curriculum focuses on improving your golf skills (full swing and short game), while making the experience enjoyable (games and other activities).
- You will find a safe, educational and fun environment that is designed to promote your child’s well-being.
Low student-to-instructor Diamond Run club ratio (approximately 6.1)
- The Instructors
You can only be the best if you learn from the best. Every junior golf camp instructor has undergone training and been tested by the PGA of America in all aspects of the game. Our promise is to support, encourage and respect all of our campers, as well as authentically inspire them to achieve their full potential on and off the course.
- Adam Morrison, PGA – Camp Director
Adam Morrison was a Class A PGA Professional. His passion for golf does not end with the game. He also loves teaching and seeing his students love the game. Adam was born in Chattanooga and learned how to play the game through his local First Tee chapter. While attending Mississippi State University, Adam’s golf career began at Old Waverly Golf Club, a top 100 Golf Digest club in West Point, Mississippi. He worked there for two seasons. He was promoted to the position of first assistant golf professional at Seven Oaks Country Club, Beaver, PA. This led him to move to Pittsburgh, PA.